January 15, 2015: News, Events
To all our readers in the US and in particular in the New York area,
we would like to draw the attention to what has become a not-to-be-missed event for any Riesling lover: the Rieslingfeier.
(image: Rieslingfeier, all rights reserved)
The Rieslingfeier, now in its third edition will take place on January 30 and 31, 2015 is a series of events celebrating Riesling. It is composed of:
- A series of seminars on January 30-31 held at the Modern in New York
(What is Kabinett, Saar diversity, Riesling and the Rhein and Riesling Reborn)
with leading winemakers and moderated by renowned journalists.
- A “Riesling crawl” in the afternoon of January 31, which is free and open to the public with winemakers pouring wines
at a set of German wine retailers in New York
- A gala dinner in the evening of January 31, set up like a Paulée in Burgundy,
i.e. a grand dinner at which the winemakers and the participants bring their best bottles to celebrate the beauty of Riesling.
The list of the participating winemaking Estates is superb:
- Hofgut Falkenstein (Johannes Weber)
- Eva Fricke
- Immich-Batterieberg (Gernot Kollmann)
- Keller (Klaus-Peter and Julia Keller)
- Karthäuserhof (Christian Vogt)
- Josef Leitz (Johannes Leitz)
- Egon Müller
- Selbach-Oster (Johannes and Barbara Selbach)
- Van Volxem (Roman Niewodniczanski)
- Von Winning (Andres Hütwohl)
- Geltz-Zilliken (Hanno Zilliken)
The details on the event can be found on the event’s webpage.
This promises to be quite an event for all those who can participate!
© Text by Mosel Fine Wines "The Independent Review of Mosel Riesling"
Disclaimer: Mosel Fine Wines is an independent publication and has no commercial relationship with any Estate, association or organization featured in this article.